Monday, August 12, 2013

Adventures in Unpacking

I had intended to do a long post today about the beautiful new home that we moved into earlier in the summer. However, there are boxes everywhere, the laundry is piling up, and wouldn’t you know it, this house is getting dirty just like the last one! I actually had to swifter the bathroom floor because of the weeks of me doing my hair on a tile floor. I shed a lot, apparently.

There are a few things I’m loving about the new place…

07-22-2013

There is enough room in the kitchen to have a TON of boxes… and we were still ok to move around. Sort of. All of these boxes are gone, thank goodness!

07-24-2013

I don’t quite love this part – the master bedroom closet came crashing down the day after we moved in. My dear husband went to the home improvement store (our home away from home now) and bought some additional support and was able to reinstall it. We need to do the same for my side of the closet.

 

07-25-2013

Husband and I actually eat together at our kitchen table! There’s a dining room table as well, but this is in our breakfast nook in the kitchen. It’s the perfect place to keep the bananas, even though there aren’t any in this picture. The picture frame was from the townhouse and we used it to hang up our keys when we walked in. Not quite sure where it will end up in the new house, so for now, it’s actually leaning against the wall. Just like all the other artwork in the house. It’ll go up eventually.

08-04-2013

My brand new gas stove. I love cooking with gas again! I always seemed to burn things on electric.

Keurig

And of course, my favorite place – the coffee spot. It’s got a place of honor right on the counter, around the corner from our master bedroom. I’m in love.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

So we are getting settled, still unpacking boxes and trying to remember where we put a certain thing when we end up needing it. I was organized in the townhouse but it’s hard with so many more places that things can go. It’s a good problem to have, but I need to reinstate my organizing system in the new place!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a good problem to have. The thought of moving and packing and unpacking is basically the only thing keeping us from moving right now. It sounds so overwhelming! Exciting, but lots of work. Hope you guys are having fun with it and enjoying the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing you get settled! Enjoy that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making progress! I miss having a gas stove. My husband always burns stuff on the stove because he just doesn't remember the difference. And coffee around the corner from your bedroom is pretty sweet, even though I'm not a coffee drinker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is NOT fun! But, looks like you are getting all settled in. Enjoy the new place! - Nat

    ReplyDelete