Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Project Life

I did it.

I finished Project Life.

I took a picture (almost) every day of 2013 and scrapbooked into a beautiful layout. Thanks to Sonya at A Day in the Life, I found a system of scrapbooking that works for me. I've always wanted to remember the day to day, and not just the big celebrations that come throughout the year.

At the end of 2011, I took the plunge and promised that I would do the daily photo thing and make my Project Life book. And I did! I finished last week, once the final pictures from December had been printed and mailed to me.

Right now, I'm still taking a daily photo, usually the Fat Mum Slim prompts found here. But I'm not necessarily going to use them going forward. I don't know if I'll do a daily photo scrapbook in 2013 but I'm taking the photos just in case I decide in a month that it's what I want to do.

But you know, they say it will make your photographer better and I feel like it has. Looking back on a photo from January 2012 to one I took a few days ago, it really has improved. I'm not using the DSLR as much as I had hoped, because the iPhone is with me all the time. Since I upgraded to the 5, I feel like the camera is just as good as the point-and-shoot at least, so why bother carrying two things around?

I love looking back on the daily photos. I know that I would have loved to have something like this from my mom or grandma, but maybe it's presumptuous to think that a future child of mine would be interested. But I have it to document the last year of husband's law school, which is pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I am always impressed by people who can take a photo every day. I always start but end up stopping around day 30. So how did you do your scrapbook? I would love to see!

    Love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new blog name is perfect! Glad you are enjoying Project Life!

    ReplyDelete